Leelou Blogs

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sewing?!

Anyone who knows me well knows that I'm not crafty or creative! Well I decided to change that!  Luckily I have an amazing friend, Kelsey.  She let me borrow her sewing machine and taught me how to use it! I made two quilts! I have never sewed before! I was nervous, but determined since I actually had some time on my hands!
First baby quilt! (The practice quilt!)
Second baby quilt!  It is actually for my first nephew who was born a couple of weeks ago! (this one is flannel!  Really soft!)

They aren't perfect, but I enjoyed learning something new!  Maybe someday I'll actually get a sewing machine!


4 comments:

  1. I love these blankets!! They turned out great! I'm very impressed. I'm not much of a seamstress either, but I did some sewing this summer too. It was a lot more fun than I expected! I might have to save up for a sewing machine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, you're awesome! They look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND why might this new talent be stirring up?!! love it, they look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin-what have you been making?!
    Cassie-thanks!
    Caden-Don't get any ideas! haha! Want to make a big quilt for our bed. I wanted to make sure that I liked quilting first! So I started on small ones so I wouln't be stuck with a huge project if I didn't like! Planning on getting a sewing machine next summer! (Won't have much time to sew in three weeks when I start school again!)

    ReplyDelete